Apr 23, 2010

Journal 16: Confucius Quote

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."

A old story was filled with my mind when I saw this quote, which is about a run match between two animals: a rabbit, and a tortoise . After the match began, the rabbit fell behind the rabbit, but the tortoise insisted and did not stop for a while. Ironically, because the long time stop of rabbit, tortoise won the mathch. Whenever I saw something like this, I feel that I should do everything with my completely perseverance.

Last September when I arrived at the U.S., everything was strange to me, and I chould not adapted to the new environment for a long time. Talk to native people was the most hardest work for me, I wanted to give up several times. However, I persuaded myself to overcome the difficulties. No matter how improvement I make every day as long as I do not stop to try, then I will achieve my goal.

Every one is facing various of challenges in our daily life. When you want to abandon your dream, just consider this sentence and encourage yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes students tell me, "I don't think I'm making any progress. My TOEFL score is still so low!" and then I tell them, "But today you know something that you didn't yesterday. And yesterday you learned something you didn't know before that. Tomorrow you will learn more, and more."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't adapt to new environment for a long time?Wow, I can't see that. You look perfect everyday!

    ReplyDelete